You can help parents keep their hopes and expectations high by becoming an active member of the FamilyConnect family.
Register to Join FamilyConnect!
- Post and respond to message board questions and keep the community dialogue thriving.
- Attend activities and events that you learn about on the site or through email alerts. Once there, let the organizers know where you heard about them.
- Share your experiences and give advice by contributing to Parent Perspectives.
Your input will help guarantee that the site’s content is continually fresh and up to date.
Help Spread the Word About FamilyConnect!
- Tell your family and friends to visit and join FamilyConnect.
- If you’re on Facebook, like FamilyConnect, reshare our news, and share FamilyConnect links with your friends
- E-mail information about the site—or an article or posting—to a friend.
- Let the professionals in your child’s life—doctors, educators, service providers, and others—know that you use FamilyConnect and would recommend it to other parents.
- Request that other websites you use link to FamilyConnect directly.
Support FamilyConnect with a Donation
- Make an online donation now to keep FamilyConnect growing and vibrant for parents.
- Apply for a matching gift from your employer and make your donation go further.
- Choose AFB or NAPVI as your charity of choice for your workplace giving campaign.
- Encourage other local and national organizations to support FamilyConnect.
- Encourage family and friends to make a donation in honor of your son or daughter for their next birthday or other celebration.
Become an Advocate for the Rights of Your Children
- Encourage your local and national representatives to support laws that impact your child and other children who are visually impaired.
- Know your rights.